Sam I Am

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spain -- At the Beach

One thing you might have noticed if you've been following my blog the last 4 years, is that I like going to the beach. Southern Spain has exceptional beaches (or "la playa"), but all have their differences. I visited three, and some more than once.

The beach at Rota Spain was conveniently located near uncle Gordie and aunt Tammy's house. It was also the best. It had warm Atlantic Ocean water and no shortage of beautiful sand.
You've seen pictures like this before. I love getting pounded by the surf. No wave is too big for me.
"Bring it on rip tides! Is this all you've got?!"
No need for sunscreen.
Also, a well placed jungle gym.

La Herradura, Spain on the Mediterranean. Spain has hundreds of miles of beaches along the Costa del Sol. This beach was a rocky beach and the water was a little cold, but the waves were BIG. Notice that I can challenge waves to a duel while holding a can of Fanta.

La Herradura, Spain. Here I'm waiting for the next big wave.
Marbella, Spain. You call this a wave?!
Dad only likes the little toddler waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home