Sam I Am

Friday, January 23, 2009

Kilauea Volcano

On this trip I got to see an active volcano and lava rocks for the first time. I was really looking forward to this.

I probably shouldn't have watched the short video at the visitor center before seeing Kilauea. It showed all the violent eruptions in the recent past in rapid succession. Upon leaving the visitor center, I didn't want to get out of the car at first. Here is a picture with mommy after I reluctantly agreed to leave the safety of the car.
Lava rock was EVERYWHERE!
Lava rock even blocked the road.
Walking on lava rock is fun and tricky. My gymnastics and yoga classes really helped with my balance when walking on the uneven and jagged rocks. At the end of our day, we had to walk a long way back to the car. It was getting dark fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home