Sam I Am

Monday, May 13, 2013

When in Rome ...

you must do ALL the touristy sights. Our flight arrived early in the morning and we wasted little time hitting all the major sights.  So here is a pictorial checklist.

Me standing in front of Trajan's Column.  I should point out that before we left on our trip, I made it a point to learn  as much as possible about Roman history and architecture.  It was fun seeing everything in person.
The Victor Emmanuel National Monument.
The Pantheon
The Pantheon's spectacular dome! Although, somebody should fix that hole.
Trevi Fountain
Piazza Navona
Charging dad on the Ponte Sisto.  Our rental was just up the street.
The Flavian Amphitheatre or as I like to call it, "the Colosseum". 
In the emperor's box.  We took a guided tour of the Colosseum's underground.  We got to see where the animals and gladiators were kept prior to and during a show.
The Roman Forum.  Ancient Rome's main street. 
Fabulous views from a top the Victor Emmanuel.
The Vatican
Well, we've seen everything there is to see in Rome. It is time to get out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home