Brat Fest
Another year, another Brat Fest. We're still trying to break the 2004 World's Record for brats consumed. I wasn't born until 2005, so I can't wait to set a new record.
UPDATE May 27, 2008 The Capital Times:
Brat lovers rally to set Brat Fest record
In the final hour of Brat Fest, brat lovers rallied to set a record of 191,712 brats. At 5 p.m., organizer Tim Metcalfe wasn't sure they would be able to sell about 10,000 brats in one hour to beat the record set in 2004, 189,432 brats. But with a "huge dinner rush" and encouragement from the bands, Madison broke its own World record.

The BIG grill.
Okay, this isn't a brat, but it's my second jumbo hot dog. Forget the bun. Buns are for birds.
Just relaxing and letting the hot dogs digest.
After we eat, it's time to work off the brats....errr hot dogs.
Climbing into the bounce-around with Molly.
Daddy reassured me that all the rides at the Festival were highly maintained. However, I did notice that the minimum height requirement for the airplane ride was 4 feet tall. I'm well under that, but the "carny" didn't seem to care.
Feeding the leftover buns to the geese.
UPDATE May 27, 2008 The Capital Times:
Brat lovers rally to set Brat Fest record
In the final hour of Brat Fest, brat lovers rallied to set a record of 191,712 brats. At 5 p.m., organizer Tim Metcalfe wasn't sure they would be able to sell about 10,000 brats in one hour to beat the record set in 2004, 189,432 brats. But with a "huge dinner rush" and encouragement from the bands, Madison broke its own World record.

The BIG grill.
Okay, this isn't a brat, but it's my second jumbo hot dog. Forget the bun. Buns are for birds.
Just relaxing and letting the hot dogs digest.
After we eat, it's time to work off the brats....errr hot dogs.
Climbing into the bounce-around with Molly.
Daddy reassured me that all the rides at the Festival were highly maintained. However, I did notice that the minimum height requirement for the airplane ride was 4 feet tall. I'm well under that, but the "carny" didn't seem to care.
Feeding the leftover buns to the geese.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home